90% of most people are offended by Truth they are comfortable being told lies. The more I write the more I see this. I’m not here to please anyone! I’m here to tell the truth, I don’t scratch where I don’t itch! I met a gentleman who is very knowledgeable when it comes to the game of basketball. The conversation was very enlightening. 40 plus years under his belt. Pro, college, and High School experience.
The landscape of high school and grassroot basketball is nothing new for him. Before the conversation ever got started. He let me know off top, it’s about relationships. It’s not what you know, it’s who you know! After that statement it resonated in my mind, I was playing on an unbalanced field!
I explained to him that I cover the West Coast when it comes to high school and grassroots basketball. He looked at me and laugh. “He said or you ready for opposition.” Most people won’t accept you if you are unbiased!
Most individuals who are in the business of high school and grassroots basketball don’t have a desire to educate parents. Politics comes along with the game! Parents must be involved in the Affairs of their children when it comes to this game. Parents can easily be lost in the mix of all that comes alone with the game.
As parents you must find your lane. What do you want for your child. Is it hype and fame, education and scholarships, or being around the groupies. In this segment: I will give you fact-finding information that you can ponder over. Lets get down to business.
Las Vegas is a very unique place and basketball has become very big in the city. How many young men and women really know what it takes to qualify? To be honest most parents and coaches don’t have a clue! What we want to do is help you to understand the seriousness of our children applying themselves.
* There are approximately 351 Division I schools, average team size for men’s basketball is 16 players per team. The number of athletic scholarships per team for division 1 is 13; the athletic funding for each male player average is $14,958.
* There are approximately 316 Division II schools, there are only 313 men’s basketball teams, average team size is 17 players per team. The number of scholarships given out per team is 10 and the average athletic scholarship funding is $6067 per player.
* There are approximately 447 Division III schools, there are only 424 men’s basketball teams, the average team size is 18 players per team athletic scholarships various. There are no guarantees at the Division III level of athletic scholarships!
* Between the NAIA Division I,II schools there are approximately 228 teams, the average team size is 20 players. Athletic scholarships limit per team in Division I(11), Division II(6) average athletic scholarship is $7,231 Division I, Division II is $ 5,392.
* There are approximately 438 NJCAA schools. The average players per team is 15 and the number of athletic scholarships per team is 15 average funding per player is $2432.
Social media has taken the sports community by storm and many of our children focus on rankings and they lose sight on what it takes to be prepared for the next level academically. The word “education” derives from a Latin terminology, which means to bring out of you that which is inside of you. It is very important for parents to become more acquainted with the U.S. college index quick facts on all U.S. four-year colleges per state. Such information gives you a heads up on things that you may not be informed on.
I will say this to parents detach yourself from social media. It’s almost like being on heroin it’s a constant fix. It feed the area of your brain that looks for pleasure.
News/ Media: Unit 1 Hoop Source is the #1 Independent Source of information for High School and Grassroots Basketball In Las Vegas!